ALL APPLICATIONS ARE IN THE DOCUMENT CENTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
- All new residences, accessory buildings over 200 sq. ft., pools, decks, signs, remodels, additions, roofs, siding and structural changes require a building permit and plot plan if applicable.
- All new residential construction requires a Soil Erosion Permit or Waiver prior to making Building permit application. This can be obtained through Genesee County Water and Waste Services (810) 732-7870, or on the GCW&W website.
- To be able to do something that is not residential on a residential property, such as having a business from the home, it will require a Special Land Use application.
- To change a property from one classification to another (Ex: residential to commercial), it requires a Petition for Zoning Change.
- As a new business moving into Vienna Township, a Site Plan Review application is needed to review the business proposal.
- Any building that does not comply with Township ordinances will require a variance through Zoning.
TRADE PERMITS (Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing):
- Vienna Township Building Department also issues and inspects all electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits for Thetford Township, Forest Township, and City of Clio.
- The Vienna Township Plumbing Inspector inspects new sewer & water installations and alterations as it pertains to the connection between the curb box and the meter. These inspections require a sewer permit at first Genesee County Water & Waste (GCW&W) and then at Vienna Township.