POSITION SUMMARY: Vienna Charter Township is seeking an applicant to fill the current elected Clerk’s term. The position will become vacant May 31, 2023 and the term will expire November 20, 2024. The qualified candidate must be a township elector. The Election Officials Accreditation Course through State of Michigan must be completed after being hired.
SALARY: $35,000 annually
STATUS: Part-time. A desirable candidate will be available for board meetings, all relevant election dates and part-time hours during office hours.
STATUTORY DUTIES OF THE CLERK:
- Maintains custody of all township records
- Maintains general ledger
- Prepares warrants for Township checks
- Records and maintains township meeting minutes
- Keeps the Township book of oaths
- Responsible for special meeting notices
- Publishes board meeting minutes
- Keeps voter registration file and conducts elections
- Keeps township ordinance books
- Prepared financial statements
- Delivers tax certificates to supervisor and county clerk by September 30
- Must appoint a deputy
- Must post a surety bond
To apply for this appointment, submit resume to:
Vienna Charter Township
Attn: Joseph Rizk
3400 W Vienna Road
Clio, MI 48420
The deadline to apply is February 16, 2023 at 5:00PM.